I earned my Ph.D. in Computer Science from
The University of Texas at Dallas.
I did my graduate research at the Human Language Technology Research Institute
Department of Computer Science.
My research advisor was
Professor Dan Moldovan.
I have been a member of HLTRI since 2005.
- Computational Linguistics
- Computational Semantics
- Computational linguistics of languages with sparse resources
- In particular, Persian and other Indo-Iranian languages
- Machine Translation
- Computational Reasoning and Inference
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2012. Tajik-Farsi Persian Transliteration Using Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC) 2012. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2011. A Framework for Representing Event Semantics in Modern Persian. Ph.D. Dissertation. University of Texas at Dallas.
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2010. A Framework for Representing Event Semantics of Verb Word Senses. In Proceedings of Interdisciplinary Workshop on Verbs 2010. Pisa, Italy.
- Chris Irwin Davis and Dan Moldovan. 2010. Feasibility of Boostrapping a Persian WordNet. In Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC) 2010. Valletta, Malta.
- M. Olteanu, C. Davis, I. Volosen, and D. Moldovan. 2006. Phramer - an open source statistical phrase-based translator. In Proceedings on the Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation, pages 146-149, New York City, June 2006. Association for Computational Linguistics. [pdf]
- Automated Event Detection In Natural Language Text. Semantic Tech and Business Conference 2012 (SemTech2012). San Francisco, CA.
- Integrating Change Management Systems: Aligning Existing Programs Under a Single, Global Implementation. 2007 Texas Instruments Systems and Software Symposium.
- The Virtual Data Center: Anytime Anywhere Collaborative Development, Featured Panel Member, 2006 Texas Instruments Global Software Symposium.
- Chaos to Discipline: Managing Software Development Under CMMI, 2004 Texas Instruments Global Software Symposium.
Teaching and TA
- CHAMPS Program Manager
- CS-4365 Artificial Intelligence
- CS-6321 Discourse Processing
- CS-6388 Software Project Planning and Management
- CS-2305 Discrete Math for Computing I